Holy Cross School, Darbhanga is a Catholic Minority School founded and managed by the members of the International Catholic Women Religious Congregation known as Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross.
This congregation was founded by Fr. Theodosius Florentini OFM Cap. and Mother Maria Theresa Scherer in Switzerland in the year 1856. The members of this congregation work in almost all the continents, America (North & South), Africa, Europe and Asia.
The motto of the Congregation is “Need of the time is the will of God”. The Sisters came to India in the year 1894. Keeping the motto in mind the Sisters have established mission centers in most of the states in India, responding to the different needs of the people. They serve the nation in various fields like Kindergartens, Primary Schools, High Schools, Higher Secondary Schools, Degree and Post-Graduation Colleges, Professional Colleges, Vocational Training Institutions, Nursing Schools/Colleges, Hospitals and Dispensaries, Various types of non-formal Institutions, Social Service Centers, Orphanages, Home for the aged and destitute, Centers for differently abled and HIV / AIDS affected.
Holy Cross School, Darbhanga was started in the year 1967 primarily for the Christians and for the poor sections of the society but today it is open to all, irrespective of caste, creed and religion. It is owned by Bettiah Holy Cross Sisters Society which is a registered Society under the Societies Registration Act 1860. The School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E.) New Delhi. The medium of instruction is English
Our Educational Institutions aim at: